Another year has gone by and Lewisham Scouting is as strong as ever, take a look at what we have been getting up to in our annual report.
Also during the District AGM on the 12th July 2021, many people across the District were recognised for their dedication and service to Scouts. Altogether that makes almost 500 years of service contributed by those named above – a wealth of experience and many young lives influenced and guided by their work. We take extra special pride in awarding 6 of our members with their 50-year certificates. A huge ‘Thank You’ to all of them!!
25-year certificates go to:
- Graham Anderson (District Website)
- Rob and Corline Britchford (8th Lewisham South)
- Sandra Fuller (District Support)
- John Hollingshead and Helen Miller (16th Lewisham South)
- Denise Pritchard (6th Lewisham South)
- Vici Seale (9th Sydenham)
30-year certificate goes to:
- Gavin Forsdyke will receive a certificate to mark 30 years in various roles in 4th Lewisham South (1st Hither Green) and Lewisham District.
50-year certificates go to:
- Phil Matthews (former District Treasurer) received his certificate earlier in the year; a former Scouter and a Committee member in 8th Lewisham South
- Appointments Advisory Committee Chair, John Goodwin and his wife Pam, both completed 50 years of service; John gave 20 years as chair of the committee, and both involved in 6th Lewisham South Group
- Trevor Flanders – 28th Lewisham North, having grown up through the Group, serving as Scout Leader and GSL, and also a period as Assistant District Commissioner
- Phil Wall – 21st Lewisham North, much of the time as Cub Scout Leader, but also serving in District and County roles
- Eileen Fricker – 1st New Cross – Formerly an Assistant Cub Scout Leader, now serving on the Group Executive Committee