- This event has passed.
Volunteer recruitment – what should I do now?
Spring has sprung, the evenings are getting lighter and we are starting to prepare for the return of face-to-face Scouting. As we plan for welcoming back new and existing youth members, we can also think about recruiting new volunteers to our teams, to help with face to face and blended delivery of programme. The Regional Services Team are hosting an interactive workshop on a number of dates through March and April, that are aimed at helping all Leaders and Section leaders to recruit new adult volunteers. So whether it’s moving the parents that have helped in the background on Zoom, from the virtual world into the room or re-engaging families you have lost contact with this is the workshop for you. The workshop will cover the following areas, thinking here and now, for socially distanced and digital programme delivery:
- Socially distanced parent/carer engagement and how to make the most of it:
- Using family rotas online and in bubbles
- Welcoming new volunteers to the team
- How to ask for help and promoting vacancies
- The Four Week Challenge
- Recruiting to non-uniformed roles