The intention is that the DDC (Group Support) will build up and lead a team of 4 to 6 individuals who between them can effectively support the DC in management of GSLs.
The following are the ‘General’ duties of the role which will be made more specific in accordance with the needs of the District on appointment to the role.
- Develop a team of people who can provide management support to GSLs
- Ensure regular (perhaps twice per year?) one-to-one meetings with all -GSLs to agree on Group / GSL priorities.
- Identify and plan to meet District-wide management needs.
- Supportive and effective management style
- Good mentoring skills
- Ideally experience of being a manager in Scouting